About Jeevan Public Cord Blood Bank
Stem Cells derived from Umbilical Cord is the hope for cure of two specific groups of diseases – blood cancers and Thalassemia.
Annually about 120,000 Indians are diagnosed with blood cancers and another 10,000 children are born with Thalassemia. 60% to 80% of these can be cured if they have access to matching stem cells from donated cord blood or from bone marrow donors. Finding a match is ethnicity dependent. Over 90% of Indians will not find a match in the international registries and even if lucky to find one it will cost over Rs.30 Lakhs. With Jeevan’s effort to create an Indian inventory, the chances will increase to over 70% and should cost anywhere, from nothing to Rs.3 lakhs.
Jeevan proposes to:
- To create a Public Cord Blood Bank with over 30,000 stem cell units from donated cord blood before December 2022
- To establish a Bone Marrow Donor Registry of 100,000 committed peripheral blood stem cell donors before December 2022.
- To raise public awareness on cord blood and stem cell donation.
- To ensure easy and affordable access and also ensure sustainability of the programme.
- To offer HLA typing of the highest resolution in India to the patients and families at an affordable cost – without the need to send to USA or Germany.
- To list Be The Cure Registry with the global network of registries.
- To get internationally acceptable accreditation before December 2018 to ensure acceptance of Jeevan’s product by international centres.
For any clarifications please contact:
Mobile : +91 97908 97918
Phone : +91 44 28263113
Phone : +91 44 43504246
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org